Football is an iconic American sport with intense competition and challenge. The running back position is an extremely important position and more or less decisive to the outcome of the match. So, to ensure the best safety as well as the best performance, you need the best football cleats for running backs 2021. In this article, Scott Fujita will introduce you to the top best running back cleats, along with buying tips as well as specific instructions for you.
The 10 Best Football Cleats for Running Backs 2021
1. Nike Vapor Untouchable Varsity 3 TD Men’s Football Cleat
The Nike Men’s Vapor Varsity 3 TD Men’s Football Cleat is truly a crowd favorite due to its many features that are visible to the naked eye. These football running back cleats are very light and easy to wear so they feel great on the foot and are often considered one of the lightest cleats Nike has been trying to develop for quite a while.
Related: The 10 best football cleats in 2021
- High quality material used.
- Light weight and maximum comfort.
- Perfect for speed and skill players.
- Synthetic material.
- Suffered from durability issues.
- Can cause blisters on the feet, you can use a heel cup.
With the Nike Vapor Untouchable Varsity 3 TD, Nike strives to live up to its promise of producing shoes that enhance athletic performance. These top-notch football cleats feel light and unobstructed, and provide traction to push you forward and boom out of your footsteps.
Built from Flyweave, Nike takes into account the specific endurance, strength, and stability required from football players on the field general. And that’s just the beginning. With Flyweave technology, these pads maximize the natural movement of the foot while providing durability to avoid ankle flipping or other leg injuries.
The Nike Varsity 3 TD features a lightweight one-piece upper and a low cut that promotes natural ankle movement just like the Nike Vapor Carbon Elite TD football cleat. Seamless safety lock above your foot lock while you lock the win. Designed for Speed, this lightweight design lets you illuminate your yard. This lock lets you dig deeper with the 14 studs design.
With strategic cushioning studs, the Nike Men’s Vapor Varsity 3 are ideal cleats for running for those looking for a sneaker that offers explosive speed, with the ability to change direction without missing a step.
2. Nike Mens Lunarbeast Pro Football Cleats
Nike also continues to admire football players with its current lineup of excellent shoes including the Lunarbeast Pro TD football cleat. What leaves a good impression on us is the great ankle support of this product. The midfoot stability of these cleats for running backs is also excellent.
Related: Review 10 best youth football cleats 2021
- Well built and stylish with a wide selection of colors.
- Provides good support and coverage.
- Easy to break in.
- Comes with responsive and flexible cushioning for comfort.
- Able to cope with different conditions and situations.
- One of the most expensive footwear on the market.
- May be narrow to some players.
In terms of support, coverage, and comfort, this Nike Men’s running backs product doesn’t seem to disappoint you. That’s because it works in securely hugging your ankles through a medium-height collar, giving you the support and cover you need without sacrificing your comfort. friend.
There’s also a flexible cushion in the base for even more comfort, so there’s certainly no shortage of padding in that area. The hook and loop strap give it another level of support and locking, and the 7-studs detachable TPU spikes ensure you get unrivaled traction and performance.
Another thing that impressed us is that it boasts good grip when worn on a football field. It also tends to hold well in different conditions and environments. Another reason why we appreciate this key is that users have reported not having any issues or crashes while breaking in.
Nike Men’s Lunarbeast Pro TD Football Cleat is designed to make your sport experience as memorable and enjoyable as possible. Nike’s running back football cleats is beautiful, durable and also breaks down quickly
3. Nike Vapor Edge Speed 360 Men’s Football Cleat
The Nike Vapor Edge Speed 360 Men’s Football Cleat is a good choice if you want to deliver great performance in the wild. More than that, it is an affordable non-slip pair of cleats. These lightweight football cleats for running provide the speed required for the games. Players love the speed and agility of this shoe.
- Increase your performance on the field.
- It has excellent quality and holds very well.
- There’s a great fit.
- It is affordable.
- It has an impressive traction.
- Has very good ankle support.
- It is not suitable for wide feet.
Introducing the Nike Vapor Edge 360, designed for speed and agility. Following the Vapor Untouchable from 2019, the newest version of Nike’s Vapor line is inspired and designed based on feedback from actual professional players. The Vapor Edge series uses a secure 360-degree Flyknit top, reinforced with a durable NIKESKIN coating. With the omnidirectional motion feature, Nike also widens the spacing between the studs on the outsole for quick cuts and provides traction during take-off.
An inner full leg cushion provides flexibility, while a breathable, stretchy cuff wraps your ankle for added support and comfort. The unique Ghost lacing system tightens with one quick pull and is hidden for a clean, glossy look. Choose from a choice of standard or bold colors, and get ready to display your content on the grid with this running backs football cleat.
Being the top best football cleats for running backs on the market, the Nike Vapor 360 football cleat is a versatile choice for midfielders, receivers, supporters, and more. Designed for speed, these durable sticks feature a wide rivet layout to give you great traction and assist in making game-changing moves.
4. Under Armour Women’s Speedform MC Football Shoe
Under Armor Women’s Speedform MC’s movement of high-quality brands comes from an interesting surprise from the brand. Under Armor has developed a unique buffer that combines a variety of technologies to create high performance. This Under Armor model has achieved just that.
- It has a high level of comfort.
- No break-in time required.
- It can accommodate most of the pins.
- Provides excellent cushioning.
- Cleat-matching support with customization capabilities.
- Synthetic material.
- Heel blisters are a common problem some users complain about, you can use a heel cup.
With the 100% composites of this cushion, surely that it will continue to make the performances of every football player great. One reason behind the consistently great reviews of this football cleat is its ability to make the wearer feel a high degree of comfort.
That’s mainly due to the Speedform’s upper body, which tends to mold the foot perfectly. With that said, we can assure the wearers of it that they can perform well on the pitch without any form of distraction. It also features a well-molded, seamless heel lining, which can further enhance your comfort level when wearing it.
This mid football cleat is also capable of limiting the risk of lowering blood pressure to the toe because of the use of modern and unique V56 technology. If you want a lock with the best traction regardless of your direction then we’re pretty sure you can depend on this football cleat from Under Armor. The good traction provided by this cleat sheet can be attributed to its TPU cleat sheet.
If you want to buy an Under Armor running back mid football cleat, then we all sure you’ll be happy to know that it’s in your lineup, Under Armour Women’s Speedform MC Football Cleat.
5. Adidas Men’s Freak X Carbon Md Football Shoe
The Adidas Men’s Freak X Carbon is a low-heeled pair of cleats that comes with a raised heel to increase your running backwards. The football cleat won’t weigh you down anymore as it’s made of 100% synthetic, lightweight materials.
The Adidas Men’s Freak X Carbon has a sturdy knitted material with an inner contour that reduces wear. Uniquely designed, the self-hardening wear-resistant rubber sole with wider soles for greater stability.
- Stylish and impressive, suitable for flat feet.
- Light and durable
- Robust Kevlar frame for added traction and stability.
- Comfortable – with a cushion lining.
- Protect against bacteria.
- The lining is breathable and removes moisture.
- Synthetic material.
- Slightly narrower – doesn’t fit for wider feet.
- Size and color are limited.
This is what Adidas Freak X Carbon has to offer. One great thing about its great heel and ankle support is that it’s key in maximizing your force to deal with your opponents on the pitch. It’s also beneficial as it can give you a good grip, which is key to preventing you from slipping backwards as you grapple on the field.
You can also get extra support from the heel lining, which is a huge advantage in push-ups. Plus, Adidas Men’s Freak X boosts your stability – thanks to an enlarged collar. A high level of stability is what you can get every time you need to take quick steps forward. With this key’s carbon footrest, quick stops and turns are easy.
The durability is another good quality of this Adidas Men’s cut cleat. It is durable enough to last at least a season. It’s a lightweight slider with the right reinforcement to optimize its traction areas, which is a good thing if you’re after maxing out your omnidirectional speed.
It is also one of the best football cleats for running backs of Adidas. What’s more, it makes you feel as comfortable as possible with its anatomically-molded EVA sole.
6. Men’s Nike Alpha Strike 2 Three-Quarter Running Football Cleat
Surely you’ll also thank yourself if you decide to check out Nike Men’s Alpha Strike 2 Triple Football Cleat. With the top-guaranteed quality of this course, we are pretty sure you can use it to take on all the challenges in this field. That is possible while enjoying positive traction and good locking ability.
- Allows you to handle all challenges in the football field.
- Can give you the support and protection running back you need.
- Provides support when performing side cuts.
- Light and durable.
- There is a soft inner lining included, making it more comfortable to wear.
- Ankle support.
- The Nike Alpha does not come with ankle-length collars.
We also noticed the ability of this football cleat to provide you with flexibility under your feet. In terms of grip, this Nike Men’s cleat won’t disappoint you. That’s because it has a TPU outsole with a configuration that includes dozens of bars, which is the reason behind its really great traction.
You will also find this best running back cleat supporting your ankles when performing lateral cuts. That’s due to the presence of the collar with 3/4 brightness. Another notable benefit provided by this key is that it makes it possible to enjoy an amazingly hard key due to the fact that this running back football cleat has a dynamic matching system.
It is lightweight yet durable, thanks to the synthetic leather used for its exterior. With its lightness, we’re pretty sure the change of direction will be easy and quick. We also noticed that Nike didn’t give up on comfort in this particular shoe. This Nike Men’s cleat is very comfortable no matter what you are doing while on the field.
We pick this Nike Men’s Alpha Strike due to the soft and well-designed inner lining. Available at a low price, it is undoubtedly one of the best running back cleats available on the market today. Or you can check out other Nike football cleats here (like the Vapor, Untouchable or Alpha Menace).
7. Under Armour Men’s Blur Select Low Mc Running Backs Football Cleats
Under Armor Men’s Blur Select Low Mc is a great speed football cleat from the brand. Under Armor has created unique shoes that incorporate a variety of technologies to create high-speed performance shoes. Many fans have rated 5 stars for this Under Armour football cleat. When it comes to comfort and grip, these Under Armor exceed all standards.
- Synthetic top with 3D printing provides a lightweight fit and durable support.
- The rear quadrant is molded for added structure and comfort.
- Die-cut EVA insoles provide excellent comfort and durability under the foot.
- The molded TPU cleat sheet is designed to be lightweight and provides outstanding traction on synthetic surfaces.
- Secondary gaskets join to provide an additional bite for razor sharp cuts and boost boom speed.
- Heel blisters are a common problem, you can use a heel cup.
This Under Armour is one of the best football cleats for running backs. When we look at these football cleats, we get a little sense of an old school out of them, but this old school look is mixed with today’s modern features and performance. These keys are all about speed, so the name is fuzzy. They are extremely light and the upper part of the pad is as pliable as a gymnast.
The shoe is also breathable and molded to the correct shape of your foot for comfort. You feel like you are wearing sprint shoes in such a way that the shoe presses against your foot. The shoe has a flexible collar at the top to really keep your feet in place and provide extra protection around the ankle area.
If you’re looking for the best running back cleats to aid speed and agility, Under Armor Men’s Blur Select Low Mc is a great choice to use!
8. Nike Men’s Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 Running Football Cleat
In case you are looking for a lightweight running backs football cleat that can make sure you have your best performance, then put your trust on the Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3. It has a synthetic leather upper and mesh leather, which plays an important role not only in its lightness but also in its comfort.
- Great traction and strength.
- Stylish and varied colors – 31 color options.
- Knitting is sturdy and light.
- Odorless and does not accumulate moisture.
- Carbon fiber plate with 14 stripes.
- Top quality and budget friendly.
- Slightly narrow.
A circular knit bootie structure focuses on the foot for easier portability and provides stable ankle support. Importantly, this type of weave used to make this footwear is lightweight and strongly knitted. The Nike Vapor Untouchable Pro 3 football cleat has a carbon fiber plate that tightly connects the 14-cleats, for added power, traction and agility while running backwards.
The supple upper case of the Nike Men’s Vapor is perfectly designed for smooth foot arches without muscle strain. This best football cleats for running backs is safe for your feet as its mesh synthetic material has been treated against bacteria to prevent odors or moisture. The Nike Men’s Vapor is designed with a great look and feel that will make it possible to make sharp cuts and speed up while playing.
These running backs football cleats are also designed to provide you with overall speed. In fact, Untouchable Pro 3 is made for the fastest players. Furthermore, it is designed to function without weighing them down.
9. Under Armour Men’s Nitro Low Mc Football S cleats
When looking for low profile running backs football cleats, check out the ergonomic impression that comes with Under Armor, which will give you a boost in performance and confidence while playing.
- Has toe padding and heel support.
- Light and durable.
- Stylish and colorful.
- Comfortable and comfortable.
- Excellent traction and agility.
- Cleats are permanently fixed.
Under Armor is specially designed with high strength material (coated synthetic fabric). Furthermore, the combination of mesh-hole blades creates continuous airflow allowing the feet to be cooled while playing (ventilated). Synthetic sole is perfectly molded and fixed in position for excellent stability and comfort. You’ll also get extra toe protection as Under Armor’s inner design features toe pads.
The lightweight product comes with a TPU heel clip for even more stability on the go. Typically, Under Armor has a cut-out EVA sock liner that uniquely covers your feet.
With Under Armor, you will be free to choose the right color for your choice. Unlike other football cleat brands, Under Armor is designed to provide premium insoles that give you great traction and agility.
10. Nike Vapor Pro Low TD Football Cleats
The Nike Vapor Pro Low TD is beautifully designed with premium features offered at an affordable price point. Fans were amazed at the comfort of this cushion and the impressive quality of the materials. Again, some were quick to point out some quirks, like the little studs and the unusual outsole. Overall, these cleats offer great performance from cost to price, making them on the list of the best running back cleats.
- One of the most comfortable running back cleats.
- Great price.
- The best running back lining with premium materials.
- The tongue is connected according to the length of the tooth rod.
- It is not suitable for wide feet.
Nike is renowned for developing excellent soles of the sport, and these Pro Low TD are no exception to that standard. This football running back cleat is premium that the leather and synthetic upper provides comfort and protection, while maintaining the mask’s lightweight finish.
Types of Running Backs Cleats
1. High-collar football cleats
When it comes to running backs, high-collar cleats aren’t very popular. That’s because most of them can find it bulky and heavy. Along with that, this product can slow you down, which is not good at all because you are a rerun.
You can also choose between the cast and detachable sole. When making a choice between the two mentioned categories, you must consider the usual course conditions, your own preferences, as well as the football league regulations. If you get a moldy pad then remember that it will be permanently connected to your shoe.
2. Low-collar football cleats
Quite similar to the type of shoe used in football, the low shoe is designed with the sense that it stops in front of your ankles. With that, let’s hope that your foot section has a lower amount of protection. Even so, the low cut type is the perfect choice if you want better speed, cutting, and maneuverability.
That is mainly because this type is lightweight. You can see it frequently worn by players in skill positions. It also promotes maximum maneuverability without the need for an extended top. Some runners really like to invest in a pair of short-cut underwear because it’s naturally lightweight.
3. Medium-collar football cleats
One distinct quality of the medium-collar cleats is that it is able to support the ankle without restricting your movement. Most running backs prefer the mid-cut as it provides additional support to the ankle. It is designed in such a way that it reaches your ankle height.
Such a design your ability to provide additional support and stability without overly restricting your speed and movement. In addition to being compatible with full-backs, the mid-cut is also ideal for defensive backs, quarterbacks, and wide receivers.
4. TF football cleats
TF is a very popular coastal grass cleat. It will be the perfect choice for aged man-made surfaces with dull, dull grass and low rubber porosity. The artificial turf is perfect for TF shavings.
Buying Guides (Tips for the Best Football Cleats for Running Backs)
1. Ball game position on the court
Maybe you do not know, the playing position on the field (like running backs, field general and end zone) determines a lot about how you choose football cleats. Choose football cleats according to the position that can make you most comfortable when playing with the ball. In each position, we have different ways of choosing our cleats.
2. Type of football field
There are also several types of football field general that we often play, which are tall grass, short grass or artificial grass. So any kind of field or end zone should have the right types of sand. Here are ways to choose cleat for each specific garden type.
- Firm Ground: Firm Ground is a cleat base used on natural grass, but quite dry. Usually it is made of carbon resin that is suitable for thin and short grass.
- Soft Ground: Soft Ground is still used for natural lawns. However, in SG there is low grass, the soil is quite soft. These cleats are often played in areas with heavy rain or grass is frequently sprayed with water.
- Artificial Grass: The AG facilities are widely used. This is also understandable when artificial grass is growing day by day. Especially in Indonesia, due to soil conditions, this country mainly uses artificial grass. Standard artificial turf bowls will have a fairly soft base with a slippery phenomenon.
- Turf: TF base is also used for artificial turf. However, the use of high and small TF spikes is only suitable for soft soils and artificial turf is not too thick.
- Indoors: This cushion is usually only used on hard and flat courts such as futsal courts
3. Weight of cleats
Evaluate the weight of the running back cleat before you buy. This is important to avoid buying one that is too heavy for you to handle, adversely affecting your performance and movement at the end zone. Your best choice, in this case, is a pair of cleats or shoes that continue to expose your ankles.
4. Cleat size
Cleats come in different sizes and you should find the one that works best for you. Even if one pad meets your other requirements, you should not decide to buy anyone until you are convinced of the size.
You should be aware that cleat sizes are generally similar to normal shoe size. The only difference is in customization, as it varies by manufacturer and brand. For this reason, you should not immediately assume that the size of a particular footwear matches the size of your other cleat just like a glove like fit.
5. Shape of the cleat
The shape of cleats from different cleat brands is often not very similar. When choosing cleats, you need to make a clear understanding of your foot style in order to choose more comfortable or sleek boots that are more suitable.
- Tight Leg: The ankle lanyard is a very important element of every cleat. However, with cleats with a high, oblong and horizontal sole. Somehow, you will find it difficult to get used to those cleats with slightly thick feet. So inquire about the shape of the cleat you have chosen to see if it is an arm or a comfortable shape.
- Comfortable: A well-fitted cleat is often preferred and makes it difficult to choose the right cleat for those with fat feet. So look for cleats that are comfortable, stretchy, and supple for better comfort.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How long can I use my running back cleats?
The strength of your gaskets depends on how well you use and store it. Most football clubs, however, are built to last for a long time, possibly years. Young players will likely outgrow their boots longer before they need replacements.
2. Do you have any more recommendations about the best football cleats for running backs?
Our Scott Fujita editor team has suggested a lot to you, but if you still want more options, you can consider running backs top cleats like: Nike Vapor Carbon Elite TD football cleat with the carbon fiber plate, Nike Alpha Menace Pro Mid Football Cleat and Under Armour Spotlight Football Cleat.
In the article above, we have introduced you to the best football cleats for running backs by ranking. Football cleats are the product you need for competitive training and warm-up exercises. Please check out the article and will find your favorite shoes!